Rates and Payments Research
- Monthly Payment - Calculate your payment and amortization schedule.
- Compare Terms - Compare multiple terms for a given principal and rate. For example, see the difference between a 15 year and a 30 year mortgage.
- Compare Rates - See how changes in your rate affect your payment for a given principal and term.
- Mortgage APR - Find the APR on a fixed rate mortgage.
- Balloon Payment - A balloon mortgage can reduce your monthly payments but may require refinancing at the end of the term.
- Interest Only - Compare monthly payment amounts for an interest-only mortgage and a principal-interest mortgage.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages - Determine monthly payments and the effective interest rate (APR) for an ARM.
Budgeting Decision Tools
- Mortgage Qualifier - Find out if you qualify for a given mortgage and just much you can afford, then create an amortization schedule.
- Payment Range - Plug in a high and low figure for a payment and see how it translates to a mortgage.
- Mortgage Payoff - Save thousands of dollars in interest by increasing your monthly mortgage payment.
- Bi-weekly Payments - Discover how much in interest you will save if you make 1/2 of your mortgage payment every two weeks instead of making a full mortgage payment once a month.
- Mortgage Tax Savings - Estimate the tax savings you'll realize by deducting interest and property tax payments.
Analysis For Renters
- Tax Savings for Renters - Find out how much someone currently renting can save in taxes this year if they decide to purchase a home.
- Rent vs. Buy - Factor in things such as interest, property taxes, tax savings, appreciation, opportunity costs, closing costs, and selling costs to see the real difference in renting versus buying.
- Renter Affordability - Based on your current rent, find out how much of a mortgage you could afford.
- Refinance Savings and Break-even - Should you refinance your mortgage? Use this calculator to determine what your new payment will be, how much you'll save in interest and when you will break even.
- Consolidate and Refinance - Should you consolidate a first and second mortgage into a single mortgage?
consolidate a first and second mortgage into a single mortgage?